In 1953 the trail on Mt. Finlayson was suggested by Ranger Gordon Sword, and acted upon readily. For many years this trail was maintained by the Juniors of the Club. This trail provided recreation to many climbers and hikers in the community.
Today our club is registered as an emergency response center offering grounds, covered outdoor cooking area and group lodging within our hall.
Our ongoing contributions to Western Community organizations and charities include:
- Salvation Army
- St Vincent de Paul
- Help Fill a Dream
- Western Community Christmas Hamper Fund
- Western Community Food Drive
- Cubs and Scouts used our grounds and building extensively this year
- Our Bursary to Belmont Secondary School for a student pursing a trades career was renewed this year
- Annual fishing derby funds donated to the Sooke Fish Enhancement Society
The South Vancouver Island Rangers made donations to Triangle Little League Baseball.
Once again Memorials held at our hall this year have contributed to Heart and Cancer research funding.